A PIECE OF HEAVEN
“E’ solo una cava di pietra”, era stato il commento carico di stupore e delusione di Laurence Olivier, l’amico più caro. Davanti a quella gola brulla circondata da alte pareti di roccia vulcanica, gli era risultata del tutto incomprensibile la scelta di William e Susana di affondare proprio lì le radici che avevano deciso di mettere sull’isola.
A garden inspired by rigorous scientific parameters, but that could be enjoyable for the visitors as well.
A public walk along the sea. It was in 1692 when the viceroy of that time, Luis Francisco de la Cerda Aragòn, Duke of Medinaceli, had the idea. To make the innovation possible, the Riviera di Chiaia was chosen, where the beach was paved and in order to embellish the new road, fountains were installed and several trees were planted.
Nella città della più famosa scuola medica del Medio Evo, Salerno, non poteva non esserci anche un Giardino dei Semplici con le piante necessarie alle terapie in uso a quel tempo. A crearlo, nel primo ventennio del XIV secolo, era stato il maestro Matteo Silvatico, che vi aveva destinato un terreno di antic che a proprietà della sua famiglia, collocato in una zona di orti terrazzati nel centro di Salerno, lungo l’asse che collega la Villa
At the Ravino Gardens in Forio d’Ischia, the largest collection of succulent plants in Europe
An ancient vineyard facing west, in front of the wonder of the sunset that is renewed every day in the sea of Forio d’Ischia. A fertile land, whichs welcomes and feeds even strangers, as if they have always belonged to it. A climate that does not betray and that with its mildness makes the difference. And
At the beginning, when it was opened to the public in 1931, it was called "Parco della Vittoria" (the "Victory Park") or "della Bellezza" ("of the Beauty"), and then became Park of Remembrance in honor of the fallen of the First World War.
Only a vowel changes in the adjective but the reference fo the poet Virgil remains in both cases, but the Vergilian Park should not be confused with the Virgilian one, already Park of the Remembrance.
Fresh and healthy air, a splendid view of the gulf, as green as the setting of an eighteenth-century villa: there were all the conditions for it to be an ideal holiday residence.
Inaugurated in 2007 and tended by the Superintendency of Pompeii’s Laboratory of Applied Research inside the Excavations, the Pompeii Botanical Garden occupies an area of over 800 meters square, in which all the species already living in the ancient city are collected: fruit trees, medicinal and sacred plants, vegetables, marsh and textile plants.