A PIECE OF HEAVEN
The treasure chest, in the center, is a monastery dedicated to Holy Mary the Nova dating back to 1521, when it was created within the pre existing medieval castle “Casale Nuovo”.
The great river accompanied them through the Apennines. They had travelled along its course from the Adriatic, looking for new fertile and welcoming lands beyond the mountains.
Un edificio in pietra, armonicamente inserito in una pineta e collocato su uno sperone di roccia che sovrasta la splendida cala con la spiaggia di Ficocella.
Quando nel Trecento cominciò a formarsi sull’isola grande, davanti al Castello allora Città d’Ischia, era il Borgo di Mare.
In origine ci fu un Antiquarium, ricavato nell’ampio spazio che anticamente era stato usato come cisterna per gli abitanti di Villa de’ Bagni, l’attuale Ischia Porto.
Nella notte, le luci scenografiche esaltano e ingentiliscono le forme imponenti della rocca dalle quattro torri, sottratta alle aggressioni del tempo e agli effetti di un lungo abbandono.
Aveva solo venticinque anni quando la vita la abbandonò. In suo onore fu costruita una grande tomba, come era d’uso fra le famiglie nobili e ricche della comunità, dove un letto di pietra accolse le sue spoglie.
Negli anni Trenta del secolo scorso era stato fabbricato per essere destinato a mattatoio. Nel centro di Terzigno, l’edificio a due piani, dalle linee semplici ed eleganti, solo qualche decennio più tardi era precipitato in un totale abbandono.
Il Complesso Museale dell'Abbazia si sviluppa nei piani inferiori articolandosi su tre livelli. Dopo aver disceso diciotto gradini, si giunge al primo livello che custodisce un Presepe permanente composto prevalentemente da antichi pastori di scuola napoletana del XVIII secolo, in legno e terracotta.
“Il più bel museo di provincia italiano” (Amedeo Maiuri)
La passione per le arti trasmessa in famiglia avevano potuto coltivarla e affinarla fin da bambini. E da adulti non avevano trascurato di visitare musei in giro per l’Europa e di continuare ad arricchire le già importanti collezioni messe insieme da generazioni
In origine era Pietra Bianca. Poi, dopo l’eruzione del Vesuvio del 1631 i cui materiali giunsero fin lì, il nome cambiò in Pietrarsa.
A pochi passi dagli scavi archeologici dell’antica Herculaneum sorge il MAV, un centro di cultura e di tecnologia applicata ai Beni Culturali e alla comunicazione, tra i più all’avanguardia in Italia.
Uomo e Ambiente nel Territorio vesuviano
È l’ideale completamento della visita all’attigua Villa Regina, l’unica delle ville rustiche di Boscoreale ad essere aperta al pubblico.
Da Boccaccio al Grand Tour e ora anche museo
Aria buona e verde rigoglioso. Con l’aggiunta di un indimenticabile panorama sul golfo di Napoli. Furono queste caratteristiche ad attirare l’attenzione sull’altura ai piedi di monte Faito, che appariva come un luogo ideale in cui edificare una residenza reale. Come avvenne nella seconda metà del XIII secolo, certamente prima del 1280. A godere per primo dell’ottima esposizione di
A rocky spur rising from the sea. An amazing view from the Gulf of Naples. A wide park of Mediterranean plants, with abundant massive historic trees and flowers. And a magnificent nineteenth-century two- story villa in Neoclassic style, harmoniously inserted in the landscape, rich of prestigious embellishments inside and outside, which a meticulous and respectful renovation has restored to its original appearance after the earthquake of 1980.
A mine of archaeological findings, works of art, documents and historical evidence. It is the Museo Provinciale Campano of Capua, founded in 1870 by the canon Gabriele Iannelli, an illustrious archaeologist who was also its first director, and inaugurated in 1874 in the prestigious Antignano Palace, an appropriate treasure chest for such a significant content.
The museum, housed in the Tower of Sant’Erasno, displays the materials obtained from the excavation campaigns carried out in the territory of Capua in the second half of the 20th century. In the ten rooms open to the public, the findings from the 10th to the 1st century BC are exhibited in chronological order and taking into account the context of the excavation.
He had returned to Padula in March 1909 that would have been fatal to him. A few days before reaching his main destination, Palermo, where the mafia was already warned and ready to kill him.
On the 25th of January, 2021, the newly refurbished Antiquarium of Pompeii opens to the public: a museum specifically intended as a permanent exhibition for the finds illustrating the history of Pompeii.
Contemporary to the Padula one, the complex of the Charterhouse on the Vomero hill dominating the city is part of the context of Angevin religious patronage and shows the expansion of the Cartusians order into the Kingdom of Naples.
In the central district of San Lorenzo, in Via Settembrini, the Museum of contemporary art, well-known with the acronym “Madre”, is identified with the historic Donnaregina Palace, edified in the 18th century on a section of the ancient city walls of the 5th and 6th centuries, which is visible in the ticket office area, with modifications dating back to the 19th century.
An art treasure at the service of science. The historic Pharmacy of the Incurable has been like this since its foundation, an integral part of the complex which included originally the Hospital of Santa Maria del Popolo of the Incurable and the Church of Santa Maria del Popolo, near the upper decumanus, in the heart of Naples.
The museum on the hill of Capodimonte, established in 1957, boasts a historical origin linked to the birth of the independent Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. That site still completely devoid of buildings in the area of St. Carlo all'Arena, outside the walls, but incorporated into the city by the very northward movement of the walls wanted by don Pedro de Toledo.
The main museum of the city, Museo del Sannio, is divided into four sections: archeology, medieval, art and history. Located in different locations, all of great historical value.
It’s only a Museum of Contemporary Art according to its name, but in reality, this small museum in the basement of the Government Palace in central Corso Garibaldi offers a surprising exhibition inside.
An early medieval church that has been deconsecrated for three centuries, a building from the second century A.D. with even older evidence: this is the monumental complex of Sant'Ilario in Port'Aurea, because located in the immediate vicinity of Porta Aurea, as the Trajan's Arch was renamed in the Longobards era.
The underground floor of the cathedral, a mine of archeological informations about the life of the population of Benevento following one another from Prehistory to Middle Age.
In the ancient religious complex of San Felice, in the 17th-century Capuchin convent, transformed into a prison after the unification of Italy, the Archaeological Superintendency has now its seat.
Located right next to the Capuchin convent to which it is connected, there are exhibited numerous items of daily us, property of the Saint of Pietrelcina, who was elected priest in Benevento.
To the protagonist of Lamartine’s famous novel, a classic of Romanticism, since 1939, has been dedicated a competition to identify “Graziella” among the young women of Procida who, for the occasion wear the rich and traditional dress, handed down from generation to generation, described with great precision by Lamartine in his work set in the Procida of the early nineteenth century.
A journey backwards in time. Until the Cretaceous, 110 million years ago, when on the slope of the Matese, where Pietraroja rises, the lagoon was expanded.
The National Archaeological Museum of Sannio Caudino has its seat in the Castle of Montesarchio, with the findings of funerary objects dating back to the 10th/9th century and the Roman era, found in the necropolis of Caudium, Saticula (Sant'Agata de 'Goti) and Telesia (San Salvatore Telesino).